1.23.2009

The Semiotics of Plaster: Bathroom Ruminations

Perched at eye level, and spanning the entire interior walls of our office bathroom, a particular tile molding has slowly etched itself into my consciousness. At first, it seemed innocuous -- a simple, unoffensive pattern meant to add texture to the workplace, and certainly as generic as any other office aesthetic. But after staring directly at this design for about four months now, I've had a revelation: this is the most sexual office bathroom molding I have ever seen.

In retrospect, I'm not sure why it took me so long to realize, but the proof is in the pudding:


Is this sweet?

1 comment:

Brandon said...

Of course it is sweet. I have devoted no small part of my life to studying bathroom decorative patterns. I am jealous of the one you get to look at.

  © Blogger template Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP